The textbook is subdivided into two sections:
- "Classwork" introduces the topics, vocabulary and grammatical structures in the context of the given chapter. The material is practiced in individual, paired and group exercises with various audio components.
- In the "My Portfolio" section the material in the "Classwork" section is mirrored with additional practice to reinforce the material. The exercises are correlated to the Language Portfolio and gently guide the students via self-assessment to more independent language study.
- Introducing and speaking about myself
- My school
- Interacting in a chat room and blogging
- Reading and writing a personal profile
- Daily routines
- Dates and appointments
- Receiving and giving directions
- Family and celebrations
- Clothing and styles
- Health and sickness
- Cultural aspects of Germany, Austria and Switzerland